Top Norman patios
The sun is setting later and the noon temperatures are cooperating for outdoor dining so it is the ideal time of the year to list the best al fresco dining (and drinking) spots in Norman.
1. Sitting outside onThe Mont patio is a rite of passage in Norman. Sip a swirl, munch on chips and queso and dive into a Spin salad, burger or entree and enjoy a first-rate outdoor dining experience in Norman. More than likely, you may have to wait to get a table, but the wait is absolutely worth it.
2. New to Main Street, The Winston has a big patio with many tables under a generous brick porch. Facing Main Street, the outdoor space is very comfortable for a long evening with friends. (We definitely recommend the Angel Food Pound Cake for a sweet end of a meal.)
3. Another Downtown Norman outdoor treat is Blu Fine Wine and Food. The drink specials at Blu are certainly a Happy Hour or just-after-work treat and then adding in the tasty appetizer menu -- like the blue cheese chips or the hummus plate -- but do not forget the great lunch menu when making plans for noon meetings.
4. Relocating about a block from its West Lindsey spot, Penny Hill has a large outdoor dining area along with a much larger food and drink menu. We have long been a fan of the sandwiches (a winner of Best Sandwiches so many times!) but the addition of more appetizers and frozen drinks makes Penny Hill's outdoor area a great place to catch up with friends and family. (Penny Hill's sister spot is Land Run Grill on East Lindsey with a great patio and soon to be on Tecumseh Road.)
5. The countdown for the opening of The Porch has been on since we heard that it was in the works. With a second-story patio facing The University of Oklahoma, this outdoor spot may be the most picturesque spot in Norman. With a vegan and vegetarian friendly menu, make sure you try out this spot while the students are on their summer break. We also LOVE the rooftop patio at Volare, also located on Campus Corner.
Blu Fine Wine and Food
Land Run Grill