It’s been 10 months since the Sooners last played a game on Owen Field and more than a dozen restaurants have opened since the 2022 season ended.
Here’s a list of places to sample if you want to skip the tried and true in 2023:
- The 405 Burger Bar actually opened a couple of years ago near the OU intramural fields but relocated to a new (and larger) location in 2023. With more tables and maybe even more television screens, sample the burgers and brews at 2539 W. Main St.
- Byrdies by Raspberries & Crème opened in Downtown in spring 2023. Serving sweets, bakery treats and lighter lunch fare, Byrdies is located at 318 E. Main St.
- Doni’s Italian Restaurant opened in Summer 2023. Located at 2801 36th Ave. NW in Northwest Norman, Doni’s serves a variety of pastas, steak and seafood.
- Legally Brewed, 123 W. Main St., provides an opportunity to sample local brews and even see part of the brewing process on site.
- Los Compadres Café features a menu of Mexican food favorites from fajitas and enchiladas to tacos and nachos. The café is located in Robinson Crossing shopping center at 1316 Interstate Dr.
- Mod Pizza opened earlier in 2023 in the University North Park area close to the hotels on Conference Center Dr. at 2065 24th Ave. NW.
- Old School Bagel has just recently opened at 3075 Classen Blvd., just south of the State Highway 9 intersection. Old School Bagel serves breakfast and lunch bagel offerings.
- Pho House is one Campus Corner’s newest additions. Serving Vietnamese specialties, Pho House is located at 331 White St.
- A long-time Norman favorite, Pinocchio’s reopened in the summer of 2023 at 2627 Classen Blvd. Hours have expanded to include lunch hours in August.
- Prohibition Lounge, 317 E. Main St., features a menu of pizza and brews and also offers weekend brunch on the menu.
- The Brown Bag, 3770 W. Robinson St., is the newest Hal Smith Restaurant Group concept to open in Norman. Primarily serving burgers, chicken tenders and tacos, the menu includes other items, too, including salads.
- The Surf Bar opened its second Norman location in 2023 on Campus Corner. Located at 582 Buchanan Ave., the store offers a variety of smoothies including acai and a host of other fresh fruits and toppings.
Also, a new Starbucks recently opened at the corner of Lindsey Street and Berry Road and Raising Cane’s opened its doors on Campus Corner at 765 Asp Ave., Suite 100.