Earlier this week, a new place opened in Norman, Bad Daddy Burger Bar, which only increased the burger blessings in Norman. There are so many burger joints here in our city that you could likely eat a burger for lunch and dinner at different eatery for like three weeks without repeats.
So which one is the best? You would get as many opinions among the VisitNorman staff as you would the barber shop. Just in time for the holiday weekend and the Sooner football season opener, this is a great time to list our Top 10 (in no order):
1. Sooner Dairy Lunch. Sentimental favorite for sure because it has been a Main Street fixture since the Fifties. Two caveats: Take cash and make sure it is not Sunday or Monday.
2. The Garage Burgers & Beer. Norman's Main Street location was the first for the Hal Smith Restaurant Group concept that has spread to Arkansas and Nebraska.
3. Louie's Bar & Grill. Two locations in Norman and both boast the great hamburger. Love the shoestring fries, too.
4. Interurban. Tuesday nights are burger nights at Interurban so you can even try a few different kinds at a great price.
5. Tucker's Onion Burgers (pictured above). New to Norman in the past year but known to the Oklahoma City metro area for a few years, the onion burgers are piled high with fried onions (although you can request an onion-free variety). The shakes are a complete bonus, for sure.
6. McNellie's, An Abner Ale House. One of the top burgers in Downtown, plus there are many beers from which to choose.
7. O'Connell's Irish Pub and Grille. Part of a Norman Game Day tradition is O'Connell's; if you have not tried a burger, you have been missing out.
8. Service Station. Another Norman mainstay, the burgers at Service Station have fun automobile names and fresh-cut fries.
9. Bad Daddy's Burger Bar. These burgers are heaven for the serious burger eaters. The patties are huge and you can try one of their combos or build your own from the crazy number of topping choices.
10. Legends Restaurant. Yep, I know, surprise. You are used to hearing about the steaks or the chicken crepes but the burger is fantastic at Legends. Guys, this could be the secret to a great date night.