Why Use a CVB?
Why Use a CVB?
Convention and Visitor Bureaus (CVBs) make planning and implementing a meeting less time-consuming and more streamlined. We give meeting planners access to a range of services and packages. Before a meeting begins, CVB sales professionals can help locate meeting space, check hotel availability, and arrange for site inspections. CVBs can also link planners with the suppliers, from motorcoach companies and caterers to off-site entertainment venues, that can help meet the prerequisites of any event.
What are some of the specific services CVBs offer planners?
- CVBs can offer unbiased information about services and facilities in the destination.
- CVBs serve as a vast information database and a one-stop shop, thus saving planners time, energy and money in the development of a meeting.
- CVBs act as a liaison between the planner and the community. For example, CVBs are aware of community events with which your meeting may beneficially coincide (like festivals or sporting events). We can also work with city government to get special permits and to cut through red tape.
- CVBs can help meeting attendees maximize their free time through the creation of pre and post-conference activities, spouse tours, and hosting of special evening events.
- CVBs can provide hotel room counts and meeting space statistics, and will keep a convention/meetings/events calendar in order to help planners avoid conflicts and/or space shortages.
CVBs can match properties to specific meeting requirements and budgets.
Other services provided to planners include:
- Collateral material
- Help with on-site logistics, including registration
- Auxiliary services, such as production companies, catering, transportation
- Site inspections/familiarization tours and site selection
- Speakers and local educational opportunities
- Coordination of local transportation
- Access to special venues
The overall job of a CVB is to market and sell a destination. A CVB wants every single client to be happy. We are going to do everything we can to match every client with the perfect setting and services for its meetings. The bottom line — the CVB is working for you.
So, make your life easier and let a CVB’s fingers do the walking for you.