Original Site of the University of Oklahoma
« Back to Results
- West Main St. and Santa Fe
A historical marker designates the location of the first building and original site of the University of Oklahoma. (Original building shown above.)
David Ross Boyd, the University of Oklahoma's first president, served from 1892 to 1908 and saw the university grow from this single building to a small campus of five buildings. In addition to his academic leadership, Boyd is known for his interest in horticulture and especially for his planting of trees to beautify the university's campus.