History of Science Collection
« Back to Results
- History of Science Collection
- 401 West Brooks Street
- (405) 325-2741
Located within the Bizzell Library, this collection contains some of the original works by Galileo and the first book on agriculture in Europe printed with moveable type dating back to 1467. Some of the 90,000 plus volumes and most valuable books are kept in a temperature-controlled vault that can be viewed by an appointment.
The Bizzell Memorial Library is located in the middle of campus. Look for the seventy-five foot clock tower. This is directly west of the main entrance to the library. The original gothic entrance to the Bizzell Memorial Library is on the south of the building, allowing for a more scenic entrance to the original 1928 building. The west entrance is handicap-accessible.